- Originally from Debrezna in Yasa.
- Served as advisor and Minister of Affairs to Emperor Friedrich III Eirwel, working behind the scenes to arrange any and everything the emperor asks of him. It’s his business to know every little thing that goes on in the Empire.
- Secretly the emperor’s lover.
- He believes wholly and absolutely in the Arthasian Empire and will do anything to secure it power.
- Heads the research behind the wandering gods and inherent magic, the Ophelia Strain, and Arthasia’s eugenics project. He also arranged all of Friedrich III’s bastards—trying to breed more children with magical potential.
- After the emperor’s death and his heir’s disappearance (proclaimed dead), Deszo was left in charge of heir Rudolf’s education and preparation for rule etc etc
- Has Manafrier bound to his will— each of them gained immortality through a pact with a wandering god sealed with blood magic (possible through Emperor Friedrich, who also gained immortality). Deszo was given the power to revive/renew their bodies if they were “killed”, although he is unable to use any destructive magics like they can.